Telling the story from our point of view

Blog Archive

February 23, 2006

A strong delusion

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Compare the raw truth of that scripture to these statements by "gay" Christians:

  • "I'm gay and a Christian and for years have struggled with that - hearing from Christians that I must be Gay OR a Christian - I have only recently seen that actually it is ok to be both - the evangelicals won't agree - the liberals will. WHo[sic] cares. First I am a Christian and that is of utmost importance to me, somewhere along the line, I happen to be a woman who sleeps with women ... so what?" [source]
  • "God loves all his children no matter what your sexual orientation is. We all sin and have fallen short of the glory of God. I don't believe being gay is a sin by the way. It's a part of me just like other things are. Jesus restored my sexuality with my Christianity he gave me hope when the church rejected me." [source]
  • "But after doing quite a bit of research, I discovered God had no problem with my sexuality; in fact, my sexuality was a gift from God to be responsibly enjoyed. Once that was realized the real issue came to light - I had to accept my sexuality."[source]
  • "On the basis of my own years of study and teaching the Bible, I can assure you that the Bible nowhere says that gays and lesbians can or should change their sexual orientation. In fact, there is no word for "homosexual" in the original Hebrew and Greek languages of the Bible."
  • The Apostle Paul makes an aggressive and compelling argument which exposes the psychosis of those who are "defiled" and commit "abominations". (By the way, Paul grew up in Tarsus, home to a university. He was one of the educated and brilliant men of his time, studying under the tutelage of Gamaliel, a celebrated teacher of the Jewish law.)

    We learn through the epistle to Titus that when one accepts or either affirms what God has pronounced abominable (by God's own definition) and rejects the created model which God has pronounced good, a process of hardening and mental perversion takes root. Such is the danger of justifying sin. Sin corrupts the mind and the conscience (the seat of individual integrity and morality) rendering it incapable of making spiritually sound decisions.

    "Gay" Christians are undeniably under such a strong delusion that God has sanctioned what he had previously condemned. Their stories reveal that it was not God nor his Word from which they draw their conclusions but their own counsel or the counsel of those who themselves were deceived.

    Related: Stacy Harp's post on deception.

    No comments: