Telling the story from our point of view

Blog Archive

May 26, 2006

S&G Update

Update on Sodom and Gomorrah:

William Roebuck, Sodom and Gomorrah's producer sent me the following statement. I hope by next week to have a more complete interview with him about the movie.

Pastor Foster,
The trailer will be online soon. It is being tested in front of live audiences and we are preparing it to be unveiled at Gay Days in Orlando Florida next week.
I can understand your mixed feelings about the film because there are a lot of different interpretations of Sodom and Gomorrah. The film deals with our society today and how we treat one another.

We sent you the postcard because of the functions you perform in your ministry. I am no expert, but I have done a lot of research on the subject. Ever since we launched the website I have been fielding emails from ex-gays and those trying to get out of the lifestyle.

I also get the angry letters from the general gay community and the gay Christians, but nine times out of ten they have a better understanding once they speak to me.
I am not really concerned about the gay lifestyle I am concerned about the soul of the gay person. I believe that we can stand on the word of God and still reach out to people with love and care. If I were to call someone an abomination and protest their behavior they would immediately become defensive and not want to hear anything I say.

I believe we are all afflicted by something and that is the reason Christ died for us while we were still sinners. We must repent of our sins in order to be saved, but being sin free is not a prerequisite to salvation. If that were the case we would not need a savior."

No comments: