Telling the story from our point of view

Blog Archive

July 24, 2006

Gays "target" some black lawmakers

Homosexuals are targeting some 36 congressional representatives who refused to sign on the dotted line of homosexual marriage. Among them are six black lawmakers who drew the ire of the activists. The activists accused the group of independent thinkers of siding with Republicans in a "scheme".

Representatives Sanford Bishop of Georgia's 2nd District and David Scott of Georgia's 13th District have both been targeted by the Stonewall Democrats for not voting in favor of homosexual marriage. The gay group is urging its supporters to call and voice dissaproval to the congressmen.
I am urging Georgians to let Reps Bishop and Scott know that standing up for what's right will never go out of style as long as men like them hold fast to what is good for our country. Tell them you appreciate and expect them to vote the way they do.

I live in David Scott's district
Phone: (202) 225-3631
District Phone: (229) 439-8067

And I used to live in Sanford Bishop's District, which primarily encompasses Columbus, GA and Fort Benning.
Phone: (202) 225-2939
District Phone: (770) 210-5073

Also when I lived in Texas and worked for AA, Rep Chet Edwards of Texas' 17th Distric was a regular customer of mine and my rep. He made the target list too. I ran into Mr. Edwards in the Rayburn Building while I was there with PFOX's Exgay lobby day. Thankfully, he remembered me. Call him too! Phone: (202) 225-6105
District Phone: (254) 752-9600

No comments: