Independent Conservative - a new, rising voice of reason. IC is fast becoming a good friend and frequent place I look to for conservative perspective from a "colorful" worldview, shall we say?
News Busters - You simply have to go here if you want the latest, greatest blogossip on the shenanigans of the liberal media. This is expose royale. I have included on Perspectives the journalism lampooning cartoon "Gaggle". Check it out, its big fun.
Blackelectorate - The very best synopsis of diverse black news anywhere is definitely Blackelectorate. I read it everyday. I had at one point thought it was leaning way too hard on the liberal side, but have seen a progressive inclusion of moderate and conservative friendly news which makes it nice and balanced.
Negrophile - NP is interesting. I haven't quite figured out the slant yet, but I am finding myself liking the style of Negrophile. Maybe there isn't a slant, which may account for its popularity. NP has mentioned me several times in a "matter-of-fact" type of way which is a plus. I do have a niche commentary, but NP doesn't seem to be bothered by that.
Harry' Soapbox - When fellow Texan Harry gets on the soapbox, watch out! I'd like to see more of his commentary, he's good. Hope that you will drop by his blog and holla.
1. A ghetto conservative has a defined attitude. We're pro-Republican with a Maxine Waters attitude sans the cussing. I don't play that at all. This attitude combines the fine traditional principles of social and moral conservatism with an "southside" 'hood flavoring to get the point across. You must have at some point lived "cross the railroad tracks" to be a true GeeCee.
2. A ghetto conservative does not mind --and without apology-- deleting, banning, issuing equally smart remarks to or refusing to answer critics when necessary.
3. A ghetto conservative despises the oreo mentality of moderates on moral issues. Looming example: gay rights.
4. A ghetto conservative refuses to use the stuffy, ivy league-ish, starched collar, I-live-in-the-suburbs diction of most black conservative writers. GeeCees will employ ebonics in a heartbeat to get a point across. As a matter of fact, we might be intentionally ungrammatical just to draw a line. Want a sample?: You done lost yo mine!
5. I'm inviting other GeeCees to join me in forming the first Ghetto Conservative Brotherhood in Blogsville. If you're sick and tired of the too nice status quo, let's rebel and spank some booty!