Regan Ducasse, exgaywatch's resident self proclaimed Indian queen among queers (their self identifier, not mine) has written a sort of letter to Exodus president Alan Chambers. In it, she proudly traces her non Christian influenced Chicasaw Indian heritage. Ref DuCasse's remarks here .
The point of her sort of letter to Mr. Chambers: Christians are evil and Chicasaws are angels.
DuCasse: "Not being white, and Christian...but Chicasaw and spiritually grounded in the belief that one should treat another as one expected to be treated."Did the Chicasaws "treat others as they expected to be treated"? The historical facts say they didn't.
A widow was expected to remain single for four years after her husband's death, but there does not appear to have been a similar restriction for men.
DuCasse: "And where my NA ancesters [sic] come from, gay men and women are a MIRACLE of life and Creation and our much needed brothers and sisters on the journey."The acceptance of homosexuality among American Indians is largely an unsubstantiated "belief".
In the article referenced:
1. The Native American "scholars" who allegedly vouch for two-spiritism, are unidentified. There is no way to substaniate their authority.
2. The individuals who were identified as gay Native Americans were both raised by whites and had little contact with their birth tribes. Their homosexual beliefs originated not from any tribal practices but western culture.
3. The official Chicasaw website makes no mention of such people as part of its heritage. And neither does any other historical writing dealing with the Chicasaw nation. One would think that such "miracles" would at least garner a mention.
Finally, Ms DuCasse poses to Mr. Chambers questions meant to darken his character.
"Why....should I trust YOU?
Why should I trust what you do as kind if you have two faces, speak from two mouths?
Which one of the faces and mouths if any, speaks a truth?"
Considering that Ms DuCasse has created out of thin air two huge lies about the Chicasaw she claims ancestral relationship to, one wonders if her forked tongue has indicted her.
Update 1/12/06 12:25 EST
DuCasse has complained to exgaywatch who falsely claims that I'm "denying" her the opportunity to respond to her lies about Chicasaw connections and beliefs. Horseradish. Poppycock. Baloney. I never denied her an opportunity to respond to my post. As a matter of fact, I sent her an email with a link to the post on yesterday as soon as I finished posting it. If she can without spin, refute:
1. Her contention that the Chicasaws "treated everyone as they expected to be treated"
2. Native Americans widely embrace homosexuality
3. Why it is okay for her to call Alan Chambers on the carpet, while she gets immunity from scrutiny.
Otherwise, she's free to make her case.